Home Page

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Special educational needs and disability (SEND)

A child or young person has special educational needs and disabilities if they have a learning difficulty and/or a disability that means they need special health and education support.

The SEND Code of Practice 2014 and the Children and Families Act 2014 give guidance to health and social care, education and local authorities to make sure that children and young people with SEND are properly supported.


Here at Boyne Hill, we believe in inclusion and that every child has a right to a high quality education. We recognise that all children are individual and some may need educational provision which is different from or additional to that normally available to the majority of pupils of the same age.


If the child that you care for needs extra health and education support, an application can be made for an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) to the Local Authority.


Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator is: Mrs Abi Quinn


Telephone: 01628 622708

Our Sensory Area